Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Iron Craft 2016 Challenge #2--Love Notes


For this challenge, we were required to use flowers or hearts to celebrate the month of February. One of my resolutions this year was to try and downsize my craft materials and use only materials on hand for the Iron Craft challenges this year.

I had these miniature envelopes that I did not use for a previous project and I had this duplex card stock left over from a similar project. I decided to make Love Notes to give out for Valentine's Day.

These are small cards (about the size of a gift card) that are to be left behind for someone special. They can be left in lunch boxes, on pillows, in coat pockets, etc.

For these, I decided to use a heart punch on the front of the card. The duplex card stock is red on one side and fuchsia (watermelon) on the opposite side. Where the cutout appears, I have doodled some sayings that are usually found on those miniature heart candies that are popular during this time of year.






There is ample space to write a little something for that someone special. When you open up the card, you see the surprise heart in its entirety.

1 comment:

kat said...

That is such a great idea and would make someone's day. I love that you are going to work through your stash!